Physiotherapy is a science-based health care profession, which provides services to individuals to assess, maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability of the body after disease or injury. This then helps people achieve optimal mobility throughout life.
A physiotherapist's overall management of your problem involves:
- observing and assessing your overall physical condition
- analysing and identifying your problems
- developing a treatment program
- managing this treatment program aimed to restore your function to the highest possible level
- evaluating your progress and modifying your treatment as required to reach your goals
- liaising with other health care professionals as appropriate